My Guide Website?
City Gallery Wellington
To help make event memorable, the gallery offers private viewings of the exhibitions for function guests.
Contemporary art that makes you think.
City Gallery Wellington is a significant non-collecting, public gallery in New Zealand, with a focus on contemporary visual art and design from New Zealand and around the world. Located in the heart of the city, the Gallery presents a changing programme of exhibitions and events.
The award-winning architecture and bright spaces make City Gallery Wellington a truly captivating venue.
Monday - Sunday: 10.00am - 5.00pm
The gallery is also available for private hire with four spaces available:
- The Hancock Gallery and Foyer is perfect for dinners for up to 150 people or 250 for cocktail events.
- The Adam Auditorium seats 134 people and is well suited for presentations, film screenings and award ceremonies.
- Deane and Hirschfeld Foyer is a smaller and intimate space suitable for up to 80 guests with a perfect opportunity for private viewings of the Deane and Hirschfeld Galleries.
- The Boardroom is ideal for meetings and training sessions for up to 12 people. It features lovely views of the harbour.
- Private viewings and/or tours of the Gallery may also be arranged. Please enquire.
More Venue Information:
More information on the City Gallery venue hire and Museums Wellington range of unique venues can be found in the brochure located in the 'More Info' section.
Best For Whom
- Mature Travellers
- All Ages
Best For What
- Creative & Artistic
- Cultural Experience