My Guide Website?
The Bike Shed - Pencarrow
With a great range of bikes for hire or purchase, including comfort mountain bikes, eBikes, cruisers, tandems, kids bikes and child seats, so the whole family can join in on the adventure. There are also full workshop services, plus bike hire options for large groups, corporate events and school groups.
Places to explore:
- Pencarrow Lighthouse: New Zealand's first lighthouse, 'manned' by New Zealand's first female lighthouse keeper
- Lakes Kohangatera and Kohangapiripiri: Home to a unique selection of native plants, fish and birds
- SS Paiaka shipwreck: A small steel-hulled steamer wrecked in 1906
- Baring Head: An important historical Maori site, also World War II bunkers and a lighthouse
- Turakirae Head: Largest fur seal colony in the Wellington region
04 562 7760