My Guide Website?
Wellington: Wētā Workshop Experience and Guided Tour133 Reviews
Discover the many sides of Wētā Workshop’s creativity. Find out about how movie effects and props are made on a guided tour of this film industry leader located on Wellington's Miramar Peninsula.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Wellington:If youʻre booking your trip to Wellington last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Revisit elements from iconic TV and film productions on a guided studio tour
- Meet an artist at work on the tour stage
- Marvel at the processes and techniques required for producing TV and film
- Visit the studio that was responsible for various film industry innovations
- Explore props, costumes, and cool stuff that was used to produce hit movies
DescriptionVisit Wellington's Wētā Workshop and step into a world of magical creativity. Learn about how special effects and props and designed and made for film and TV on a guided tour of the Wētā Cave. Meet your guide at the Wētā Cave store to begin your journey through the world of Wētā Workshop, one of the film industry’s premier special effects companies, located in the heart of Wellington’s Miramar peninsula. From The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit to Avatar and District 9, learn about props, costumes, and creatures were created for your favorite films. Check out cool stuff from the creative departments and catch an artist at work on the tour stage.
- Children below 14 years of age must be accompanied by an adult The tour is primarily standing. If you have mobility issues and are concerned about this, please contact the activity provider directly to discuss