My Guide Website?
Remutaka Rail Trail Mountain Bike Explorer4 Reviews
Discover the Remutaka Range's rich rail history and natural beauty on this mountain bike cycle tour from Wellington. Learn about the construction of the local railway system as you cycle through tunnels and across bridges.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Wellington:If youʻre booking your trip to Wellington last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Turn on your headlights and plunge into dark railway tunnels
- Enjoy breathtaking mountain views as you cycle across a swing bridge
- Take in the spectacular natural scenery of the Remutaka Mountains
- Stop at information boards and learn about the history of the local railway
- Rest on the grassy plateau at the summit and have a picnic lunch
DescriptionRide through the Remutaka Mountains and discover the history of the railway on this mountain bike cycle tour from Wellington. We'll pick you up from Wellington Train Station at 9.30am. Drive to Kaitoke for an easier ride (18-28 km) or go up to Te Marua for a more challenging tour (27-37 km). Ride up a gradual incline and admire the natural scenery. Turn on the provided headlights and pass through the rail tunnels and across bridges. Stop at the information boards to learn about the rich history of railway construction in the area. Enjoy a picnic or cold drink at the summit. Feel the wind in your hair on your controlled descent down the mountain and take in views of the scenic farmland around Cross Creek. Take a shuttle back to Wellington from Cross Creek or catch it 10 km down the road at Featherston for a longer ride.
Includes9.30am Pick up from Wellington Railway Station Mountain bike rental Helmet Bike repair kit Packed lunch Water 3.30pm drop off to Wellington Railway Station
- If the weather looks bad (unsafe or totally miserable), the booking will be called off