Best Restaurants in Te Aro
Local Recommendations from our My Guide Wellington team
With apparently more cafes per head than New York City, Wellington restaurants are super-vibrant and offer an exciting mix of both homegrown New Zealand cuisine and international offerings, particularly Polynesian and Asian dishes. Every type of restaurant can be found in Wellington.
A key area in the Wellington restaurant scene is around Courtenay Place and Cuba Street, with a good selection of both fine dining and bar-type eateries. The Terrace has good hotel restaurants, while Mount Victoria is home to some impressive upmarket establishments.
Book Top Experiences and Tours in Wellington:If youʻre booking your trip to Wellington last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Martinborough Wine and Food Tour with Lunch from Wellington
- From Wellington: Half-Day Foodie Tour of the Wairarapa
- Wellington: Return Cable Car Ticket
- Remutaka Rail Trail Mountain Bike Explorer
- Wellington: Wētā Workshop Experience and Guided Tour