Zealandia by Night Tour
Are you a business owner in Wellington?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Wellington.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Explore Zealandia at night by torchlight with an experienced guide
- Look for kiwi foraging in the night and see rare native New Zealand animals in their natural habitat
- See the highlights of Zealandia's interactive exhibition
DescriptionExperience Zealandia by night on a guided tour by torchlight. The fully-fenced, urban eco-sanctuary is located 10-minutes from Wellington central business district. Your guide will lead you in search of the distinctive sights and sounds of New Zealand’s native forest. Experience many of the rare and endangered species. See those that only come out at night. Observe unique species such as wētā, glow worms, tuatara, and takahē. Sightings of kiwi are common on these tours (around 80% of the time), though are not guaranteed. Gain insights into New Zealand’s natural history. Learn about the significance of unique species within Māori culture. Your tour will end with a replenishing cup of hot kawakawa (bushman’s tea) in the Visitors Centre.
IncludesExhibit entrance fee
Guided night tour
- There is a minimum age of 12 years old
- Please advise when booking if you have any mobility or accessibility requirements
- This tour is not recommended for those using a wheelchair or with walking disabilities because a moderate amount of walking on uneven surfaces is involved
- There is a maximum number of 12 people per tour
- It is recommended to wear sturdy footwear, plenty of layers, and a waterproof jacket because the tour operates rain or shine
- Torches are provided with a red filter so they do not disturb wildlife or affect your night vision
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Rover Rings ToursWellington City, Wellington
Rover Rings Tours highlights the best Lord of the Rings locations the Wellington Region has to offer...From NZ$95.00
New Zealand: Auckland to Wellington 3-Day Tour via Rotorua
Drive across New Zealand’s north island on this 3-day tour from Auckland to Wellington with 2 nights stay in Rotorua. The tour includes admission and tours of the famouFrom NZ$899.00
Hop On Hop Off TourWellington City, Wellington
See Wellington in style and comfort with an informative one and a half hour tour in a small minibus...From NZ$45.00
Seal Coast SafariWellington City, Wellington
Experience Wellington's wild side and get up close and personal with seals on a four-wheel drive safari...From NZ$125.00
Escape MateWellington City, Wellington
Escape Mate is the ultimate venue for epic group activities situated in the heart of Wellington...From NZ$40.00
Flat Earth New Zealand ExperiencesWellington City, Wellington
Specialist guided tours in small groups. Local, knowledgeable and friendly guides, who encourage getting involved. Over a dozen options to choose from, from city walks to...From NZ$95.00
Paramount CinemasWellington-City, Wellington
Historic art house cinema in the heart of Courtenay Place entertainment district. Large auditorium, plus two more intimate screens. Balcony bar and fine wines. A Wellingt...
Nairn Street CottageWellington
Classified by Heritage New Zealand as having ‘outstanding significance’, Nairn Street Cottage is an excellent example of how the first colonials merged their lives from their Victorian homeland with the surrounds of a new country.From NZ$8.00
Space Place At Carter ObservatoryKelburn, Wellington
Located in Wellington's Botanic Gardens, the Carter Observatory takes visitors on a trip to the stars. The observatory is the longest serving observatory in New Zealand.....From NZ$12.50
Wellington MuseumWellington City, Wellington
From store house to story house, the Museum holds thousands of objects unique to Wellington that traverse its history and share its many fascinating stories.From NZ$Free