My Guide Website?
Island Bay Divers - Learn How To Dive
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Wellington:If youʻre booking your trip to Wellington last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
Want to learn how to dive?
You can learn in an Open Water dive course or take or, take a refresher course with Island Bay Divers, the longest running diving company in Wellington. The team also offer advanced scuba diving skills with one of the experienced dive instructors.
With a 360 degree coastline, Wellington offer plenty of good and safe diving no matter what the weather conditions are. The water ranges from 10c - 17c (50 - 63F) during the year.
Open Water Course - Learn to Dive
Created in 1966, PADI is now the world’s largest diver training agency. The association has also developed a complete curriculum to train divers from beginner levels to professional, supported by a huge variety of high standard educational materials.
Island Bay Divers will guide you to become a scuba diver with a lifetime international certification:
- The first step is to return your self questionnaire dive medical form (no need to visit a GP) . These are available from the shop or, by emailing - email@example.com.
- Once you have passed the medical, you will be enrolled on the PADI e-learning section of the course.
- You will then complete the pool dives. These are run four evenings over a week and sessions are a couple of hours each.
- Finally, you will complete the four sea dives required.
- On the final day there is a short multi choice exam. At the end of the day you will be a scuba diver with a lifetime international certification.
- You can also do an extra eight sea dives with the team on Saturday mornings with all gear provided.
ADI certification is $649.00 (includes eLearning & all equipment required)
Once started, PADI will not issue a refund if you do not finish the PADI e-learning section of the course. A deposit of $200 is required to book you onto the course. This is fully refundable up to three weeks from the start of the course.
Both guided and unguided tours are offered for all ages in the Marine Reserve. More info.
- Moderately Priced
Best For Whom
- All Ages
Best For What
- The Local Experience