Best For Kids in Wellington City
Local Recommendations from our My Guide Wellington team
The compact nature of Wellington, means if can be an easily managed place to explore even with young children. We've picked out some of the best things to do with kids in Wellington.
Wellington for kids can mean visiting the hugely enjoyable, education and interactive museum of Te Papa, a ride on the Cable Car, a trip to Wellington Zoo or exploring the 225 hectare eco sanctuary of Zealandia. Alternatively, check out our pick of gardens and parks.
Book Top Experiences and Tours in Wellington:If youʻre booking your trip to Wellington last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Martinborough Wine and Food Tour with Lunch from Wellington
- From Wellington: Half-Day Foodie Tour of the Wairarapa
- Wellington: Return Cable Car Ticket
- Remutaka Rail Trail Mountain Bike Explorer
- Wellington: Wētā Workshop Experience and Guided Tour