Best Attractions in Te Aro
Local Recommendations from our My Guide Wellington team
As the capital city, there are plenty of attractions to see in Wellington. The city attractions include museums, art galleries, wildlife reserve, zoo, numerous parks, cable car and plenty more.
The comprehensive Te Papa Museum is usually top of the list of Wellington attractions to visit, along with a trip to the Botanical Gardens, the iconic cable car which provides stunning views of the iconic harbour, Parliament Buildings, Oriental Bay and the waterfront area. The more colourful culture vultures should head for eclectic Cuba Street.
Book Top Experiences and Tours in Wellington:If youʻre booking your trip to Wellington last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Martinborough Wine and Food Tour with Lunch from Wellington
- From Wellington: Half-Day Foodie Tour of the Wairarapa
- Wellington: Return Cable Car Ticket
- Remutaka Rail Trail Mountain Bike Explorer
- Wellington: Wētā Workshop Experience and Guided Tour