Best Nightlife in Te Aro
Local Recommendations from our My Guide Wellington team
Being the capital, you'd expect Wellington nightlife to be a 24-hour city. The compact city means it easy to get from one hotspot to the next. Wellington has some classy clubs and late night drinking holes, plus plenty of after hours eateries.
Nightlife in Wellington depends very much on what you're after. Clubbers and cocktail aficionados should head to Courtenay Place and Cuba Street, where the party never seems to stop, whilst the more cultured will find the bars around the harbour and The Terrace less frenzied. Check out the larger hotels for cabaret and acoustic nights.
Book Top Experiences and Tours in Wellington:If youʻre booking your trip to Wellington last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Martinborough Wine and Food Tour with Lunch from Wellington
- From Wellington: Half-Day Foodie Tour of the Wairarapa
- Wellington: Return Cable Car Ticket
- Remutaka Rail Trail Mountain Bike Explorer
- Wellington: Wētā Workshop Experience and Guided Tour