My Guide Website?
Museum of NZ Te Papa Tongarewa: Gallipoli Early Entry Ticket69 Reviews
Beat the lines and see the Gallipoli exhibition before the doors open to the public at the Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa. Get a short introduction from a Te Papa host, then wander freely at your own pace.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Wellington:If youʻre booking your trip to Wellington last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- See the ground-breaking Gallipoli: The Scale of Our War exhibition before the crowds arrive
- Marvel at giant sculptures frozen in a moment of time and at 2.4 times human size
- Learn the story of eight ordinary New Zealanders who found themselves in extraordinary circumstances
- Explore the vast collections of the Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa at your own pace
DescriptionAvoid the crowds and enter the Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa before it opens to the public at 10:00 AM, and access the 'Gallipoli: The Scale of Our War' exhibition to learn more about one of the major campaigns of World War I. Get a short introduction from a knowledgeable guide, and then explore at your own pace. Combining the world of museums with the world-class creative artistry of Weta Workshop, the ground-breaking exhibition tells the story through the eyes and words of eight ordinary New Zealanders who found themselves in extraordinary circumstances. Learn all about the giant sculptures that took a staggering 24,000 hours to create. Encounter 3D maps and projections, miniatures, models, dioramas, and a range of interactive experiences that will bring New Zealand's Gallipoli story to life. Then, use your entry ticket to explore the Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa's vast collections at leisure.
IncludesEarly entrance to the Gallipoli: The Scale of Our War exhibition Museum entrance ticket
- Early entrance is limited to 30 participants per day
- Parental guidance is recommended as the exhibition contains graphic content and some language may offend
- The museum is open daily from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM, except Christmas Day
- Children under 5 years old are free of charge
- All participants require a ticket
- The museum is easily accessible by foot, bus, train or car from central Wellington
- Outdoor and covered parking is available on site for a fee
- Wheelchairs and mobility scooters can be hired on site, subject to availability
- A coat and bag check is available for a flat fee of $1