My Guide Website?
From Wellington: Taste Buds Tour of Petone2 Reviews
Discover the locally made treats and secret foodie spots in Petone, one of the oldest settlements in Wellington. This 5 hour tour gives your taste buds a thrilling journey through the food and beverage production of local artisans and importers.
- Do your own coffee bean roast and taste the difference in a variety of single origin coffee beans (a cupping) at Ripe Roastery
- Head to a little bit of Parma, Italy in New Zealand as you are a guest at La Bella Italia
- Sample fresh and cooked halluomi, feta, smoked yogurt and organic ice cream in a tasting at Zany Zeus
- Taste a range of craft beers at local craft brewery
- Learn the art of making real chocolate during a tasting at The Chocolate Story
DescriptionGet an exclusive behind the scenes look at five local food and/or beverage producers with a tasting selection at every single location. The tour includes a cupping and a coffee bean roasting at a local coffee roastery where you will trace the life of a coffee bean from origin to cup. The next stop is the Zany Zeus dairy and cheese factory where you will sample a range of cheeses, yogurts and organic ice cream including a smoked yogurt - the first ‘yogurt’ of its kind available in New Zealand. Your next encounter takes you to a little bit of Parma, Italy in New Zealand as you are a guest at La Bella Italia and your host Antonio Cacace. Here you will try a freshly prepared Italian classic which varies daily! Vegetarian options are available. The next stop is for the sweet of tooth as you call in on the resident chocolatier for a tasting and chocolate making lesson! Through utilizing French and European inspired recipes, then adapting them to locally sourced New Zealand products, the chocolatier blends in premium chocolates such as the world-famous Valrhona Couverture Chocolate to produce chocolates you will love. Finally, quench your thirst at a local craft brewery for a craft beer tasting.
IncludesAll tasting fees are included A takeaway coffee is available following the roasting experience An organic ice cream to takeaway from the dairy cafe
- The drinking age in New Zealand is 18 years.