My Guide Website?
You have the choice of two neighbouring sites, offering endless possibilities for how you want your event to run. Ambience and character define Te Papa, our national museum. The spaces welcome your guests to soak up the history, art, and culture and take in sweeping views of Wellington’s iconic harbour.
Across the road is Tākina, a modern purpose-built conference venue, an ideal stage for an impactful event. With stunning architecture, intelligent spaces, and cutting-edge technology, this venue has the wow-factor.
- Plenary Hall One - Ideal for conferences or banquets with a capacity for 700 delegates and the ability to be divided into three separate breakout rooms via operable walls.
- Plenary Hall Two - designed for large events with a capacity for 1,600 delegates for conferences, or 1,400 delegates for gala dinners.
- Meeting Rooms - 3 smaller meeting rooms on Level 1, and one meeting room on Level 2, with capacities ranging from 50 to 145 delegates.
- Exhibition Hall - 1,800 square metres of open-plan exhibition space with stunning views of Wellington Harbour.
- Te Papa Amokura Gallery - 894 square metres of floor space, plenty of natural light, and sweeping views of the Wellington Harbour.
- Soundings Theatre - large auditorium venue located inside Te Papa that can seat 328. This full-sized theatre is perfect for conferences, performances, and seminars and comes fully equipped with audio-visual equipment.