My Guide Website?
Rose and Smith
Situated an hour from Wellington’s CBD and fifteen minutes from Greytown & Martinborough, The venue radiates vintage charm, relaxation and timeless elegance.
The venue is surrounded by lush native foliage, charming birdsong and English heritage trees. It was named in honour of the “Rose & Smith Builders” who built the newly renovated Racecourse Tea House in 1923.
You are guaranteed a professional, friendly hospitality with the highest quality local cuisine crafted by accomplished chefs. Only the finest of the Wairarapa beverages and food are offered with close relationships with local artisans and producers.
Accommodation can booked through Rose & Smith but is serviced by The Race Course
- The Ceremony Lawn - Seating available for 60pax, Standing 200+
- The Tea House - Holds 200 Dining on rustic long wooden tables with classic Bentwood chairs
- The Round Bar - A stunning circular wooden space. Holds approx. 120, Seated & Standing
- The Grandstand - Vintage Grandstand facing out over the Racecourse. Ceremony option seats 200 +
- The Forest Clearing - A peaceful ceremony space beneath the heritage trees. Ceremony space for 180
- The Party Lawn - Lush Lawn area located in between the Tea House & Round Bar. Multi use Area for 200+ guests
- The Ranch House - Three character buildings, two accommodating 37 guests, one with a large kitchen and lounge.
027 449 0025