- Enjoy a range of locally made craft beers at each brewery visit
- Learn some of the secrets during a staff led brewery tour
- Share in the passion these producers have for their products
The tour starts with a coastal drive around the western edge of Wellington Harbour, heading for Brewtown in Upper Hutt. Your first visit is to Kereru, a small, independently owned and family operated award-winning brewery that is incredibly passionate about making good beer whilst following sustainable practices. Have a taster of the available beers on tap, some of which include ingredients unique to New Zealand.
Next stop is another member of the Brewtown family, Panhead Brewery. Panhead is New Zealand's very own craft brewing monster truck rally, putting the frighteners on anyone who thinks beer should mind its own business and cower behind the wine rack. Launched in 2013 out of the old Dunlop tyre factory in darkest Maidstone, they were embraced enthusiastically from the get go by Wellington's beer cognoscenti.
Your next encounter takes you Baylands Brewery for a tasting of their tap beers and a look through their extensive range of home brewing supplies. The final tasting stop is at Garage Project Cellar Door where you will enjoy a tasting from their beers on tap in Wellington city centre.
The itinerary may vary depending on day and time of your specific selected tour.
Local driver guide and commentary
Small group tour
All craft beer tastings
Brewery staff led craft beer brewery tour
- Activity suitable only for adults 18 years and above
- Minimum numbers are required for this tour to operate, in the unlikely event that these are not met you will be offered an alternate date or a refund
Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund