My Guide Website?
Zealandia by Night Tour25 Reviews
Explore the eco-sanctuary at night with an experienced guide by torchlight. Zealandia is one of the best places in New Zealand to see the kiwi bird in the wild.
- Explore Zealandia at night by torchlight with an experienced guide
- Look for kiwi foraging in the night and see rare native New Zealand animals in their natural habitat
- See the highlights of Zealandia's interactive exhibition
DescriptionExperience Zealandia by night on a guided tour by torchlight. The fully-fenced, urban eco-sanctuary is located 10-minutes from Wellington central business district. Your guide will lead you in search of the distinctive sights and sounds of New Zealand’s native forest. Experience many of the rare and endangered species. See those that only come out at night. Observe unique species such as wētā, glow worms, tuatara, and takahē. Sightings of kiwi are common on these tours (around 80% of the time), though are not guaranteed. Gain insights into New Zealand’s natural history. Learn about the significance of unique species within Māori culture. Your tour will end with a replenishing cup of hot kawakawa (bushman’s tea) in the Visitors Centre.
IncludesExhibit entrance fee Guided night tour
- There is a minimum age of 12 years old
- Please advise when booking if you have any mobility or accessibility requirements
- This tour is not recommended for those using a wheelchair or with walking disabilities because a moderate amount of walking on uneven surfaces is involved
- There is a maximum number of 12 people per tour
- It is recommended to wear sturdy footwear, plenty of layers, and a waterproof jacket because the tour operates rain or shine
- Torches are provided with a red filter so they do not disturb wildlife or affect your night vision