My Guide Website?
Wellington: Guided Sightseeing Tour by Electric Bike25 Reviews
Discover Wellington’s beautiful hills and stunning harbor on a guided tour by electric bike. Your local guide will share insights into Wellington's vibrant city and rich culture.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Wellington:If youʻre booking your trip to Wellington last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Gaze at the Wellington Waterfront and the Miramar Peninsula while cycling
- Ride a convenient electric bike around the city on a guided journey
- Marvel at panoramic views of the area from the scenic lookout point
- Learn little-known secrets and fascinating stories about this vibrant city
- Take in the gorgeous seafront and travel around the lively harbor
DescriptionGet to know Wellington like a local on this electric bike tour. Your guide will take you off the beaten path and show you the best places to snack and shop. Glide along the beach and enjoy panoramic views from a lookout point. Meet your guide at Queens Wharf in Central Wellington for a morning departure. After listening to the safety briefing, learn how to operate your electric bike and enjoy time practicing in a safe area before heading out. Once you’re feeling comfortable, saddle up for a fun bike tour of Wellington, and follow your guide along the Wellington Waterfront. Glide along the seafront, passing the lively port and harbor, and the beaches of Oriental Bay. Continue along the Miramar Peninsula and leave the bustle of the city behind as you cycle along the scenic coast. Pause along the way at a local café, where you’ll have the chance to enjoy a complimentary tea or coffee, and purchase sandwiches and cakes at your own expense. Afterward, loop back towards the city. Finally, climb up to the lookout point for an unforgettable view over Wellington, the Miramar Peninsula, and the ocean. Your tour ends in the early afternoon back in central Wellington.
IncludesBattery-operated electric bicycle Knowledgeable tour guide Safety equipment as needed Tea or Coffee at café
- The route is approximately 25 kilometers long. The tour usually takes around 3 hours, but leave 4 hours for this activity in case of any delays along the route
- Riders must be comfortable riding a bicycle on the road (mix of path, on-road cycle lane and regular roads)
- Riders must advise height if under 59 inches (150cm)
- Please dress appropriately - bring an extra layer in case of windy conditions
- Moderate fitness required - pedalling activates the electric assist
- This tour is not suitable for those under the age of 13
- You are responsible for covering the expense of any additional food and drink beyond the complimentary tea and coffee at the cafe
- As there is no hotel pickup and drop-off option for this tour you are responsible for getting yourself to and from the meeting point