Weta Workshop's There and Back Again: The Full Experience
Are you a business owner in Wellington?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Wellington.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Journey from central Wellington to the Weta Cave in a dedicated shuttle
- Enjoy an exclusive documentary on arrival with priority seating
- Gain incredible insight into Weta Workshop’s creativity for film and television
- Get up close to the props, weapons, costumes and creatures crafted for some of the world’s biggest films
- Discover the 'Thunderbirds Are Go' shooting stage and marvel at huge miniature sets
DescriptionThere and Back Again: The Full Experience takes you inside the world of creative design and practical effects facility Weta Workshop with a guided round trip! Your ticket includes return transfers from central Wellington to Weta Studio Tours in Miramar, with two behind-the-scenes tours: the Weta Cave Workshop Tour, and the Miniatures Stage Tour: Thunderbirds Are Go. Meet at the Wellington i-SITE to board your shuttle to Weta Studio Tours. Your friendly driver will point out Wellington film landmarks along the way. On arrival at the famous Weta Cave, take a seat for an exclusive documentary about the history of Weta's creativity. A Weta Workshop crew member will then guide you on a tour through a converted area of the Workshop. From your favorite films to larger-than-life exhibitions: join the Weta Cave Workshop Tour to learn about the practical effects created for The Lord of the Rings, The Chronicles of Narnia, the record-breaking Gallipoli: The Scale of our War and more! Wander through Manufacture Alley, interacting with the tools and technology of the Workshop's creative departments. Catch a glimpse of artists at work on the tour stage and learn secrets of movie magic! Afterwards, step foot onto a real shooting stage with the Miniatures Stage Tour and discover the Weta Workshop models built for the popular TV series, Thunderbirds Are Go! Your guide will reveal initial concepts and storyboards, then take you through the unbelievable miniature environments built for the show. Includes a rare photo opportunity with the Tracy brothers in a purpose-built set! Return to the Weta Cave, where you can snap photos with the life-sized sculptures, wander through the mini museum, and browse the incredible range of Weta-designed collectibles and movie merchandise, before your return trip to central Wellington.
Guided return transfers with live commentary onboard
Visit the famous Weta Cave shop
Priority seating to documentary
45-minute guided Weta Cave Workshop Tour
45-minute guided Miniatures Stage Tour: Thunderbirds Are Go
Hotel pick-up or drop-off is not available.
- Children below 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- Reserve your spot well in advance as tours are very popular, particularly during peak season (October - April).
- Photography is strictly prohibited in all tour spaces, unless specified by the tour guide.
- This tour takes place in a functioning workshop, so covered shoes are required. An extra warm layer is also recommended.
- A short return transfer is included from the Weta Cave shop to the Miniatures Stage Tour and is not suitable for wheelchairs. If you have special requirements, please contact Weta Studio Tours.
- There is no luggage storage available in the Weta Cave or at the tour spaces
- Family tickets (2 adults, 2 children) are not available for purchase on GetYourGuide
Easy cancellationCancel up to 7 days in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Rover Rings ToursWellington City, Wellington
Rover Rings Tours highlights the best Lord of the Rings locations the Wellington Region has to offer...From NZ$95.00
New Zealand: Auckland to Wellington 3-Day Tour via Rotorua
Drive across New Zealand’s north island on this 3-day tour from Auckland to Wellington with 2 nights stay in Rotorua. The tour includes admission and tours of the famouFrom NZ$899.00
Hop On Hop Off TourWellington City, Wellington
See Wellington in style and comfort with an informative one and a half hour tour in a small minibus...From NZ$45.00
Seal Coast SafariWellington City, Wellington
Experience Wellington's wild side and get up close and personal with seals on a four-wheel drive safari...From NZ$125.00
Escape MateWellington City, Wellington
Escape Mate is the ultimate venue for epic group activities situated in the heart of Wellington...From NZ$40.00
Flat Earth New Zealand ExperiencesWellington City, Wellington
Specialist guided tours in small groups. Local, knowledgeable and friendly guides, who encourage getting involved. Over a dozen options to choose from, from city walks to...From NZ$95.00
Paramount CinemasWellington-City, Wellington
Historic art house cinema in the heart of Courtenay Place entertainment district. Large auditorium, plus two more intimate screens. Balcony bar and fine wines. A Wellingt...
Nairn Street CottageWellington
Classified by Heritage New Zealand as having ‘outstanding significance’, Nairn Street Cottage is an excellent example of how the first colonials merged their lives from their Victorian homeland with the surrounds of a new country.From NZ$8.00
Space Place At Carter ObservatoryKelburn, Wellington
Located in Wellington's Botanic Gardens, the Carter Observatory takes visitors on a trip to the stars. The observatory is the longest serving observatory in New Zealand.....From NZ$12.50
Wellington MuseumWellington City, Wellington
From store house to story house, the Museum holds thousands of objects unique to Wellington that traverse its history and share its many fascinating stories.From NZ$Free