Weta Studio Tours Combo
Are you a business owner in Wellington?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Wellington.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Immerse yourself in Weta Workshop with a combination of their two most popular tours
- Gain a unique behind-the-scenes glimpse into the creativity of this five-time Academy Award-winning design studio and practical effects facility!
- Get up close to the props, weapons, costumes and creatures crafted for some of the world’s biggest films
- Discover the Thunderbirds Are Go shooting stage and marvel at huge miniature sets
- Enjoy a rare photo opportunity in an exclusive, purpose-built Thunderbirds Are Go set
DescriptionMake your own way out to Weta Studio Tours to experience the many sides of Weta Workshop’s creativity. The Weta Studio Tours Combo lets you immerse yourself in the two most popular tours: the Weta Cave Workshop Tour and Miniatures Stage Tour: Thunderbirds Are Go! First up you’ll join the Weta Workshop crew on the famous Weta Cave Workshop Tour! From your favourite films to larger-than-life exhibitions, learn about the practical effects created for The Lord of the Rings, The Chronicles of Narnia, the record-breaking Gallipoli: The Scale of our War and more! Wander through Manufacture Alley, interacting with the tools and technology of the Workshop's creative departments. Catch a glimpse of artists at work on the tour stage and learn secrets of movie magic. Afterwards, depart for the Miniatures Stage Tour: Thunderbirds Are Go. Visit a genuine shooting stage and discover how the popular television series is created for the small screen! Blast off on an incredible journey from initial concepts and storyboards through to the unbelievable miniatures built for the show – all guided by the experienced Weta Workshop crew. Includes a rare photo opportunity with the Tracy Brothers in a purpose built set!
Visit the famous Weta Cave shop
45-minute guided Weta Cave Workshop Tour
45-minute guided Miniatures Stage Tour: Thunderbirds Are Go
Transport to/from Weta Studio Tours
- Children below 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- On-street parking is free - please allow ample time to find a parking spot, as spaces are limited.
- Reserve your spot well in advance as tours are very popular, particularly during peak season (October - April).
- Photography is strictly prohibited in all tour spaces, unless specified by the tour guide.
- This tour takes place in a functioning workshop, so covered shoes are required. An extra warm layer is also recommended.
- A short return transfer is included from the Weta Cave shop to the Miniatures Stage Tour and is not suitable for wheelchairs. If you have special requirements, please contact Weta Studio Tours.
- There is no luggage storage available in the Weta Cave or at the tour spaces.
- Family tickets (2 adults, 2 children) are not available for purchase on GetYourGuide.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 7 days in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Rover Rings ToursWellington City, Wellington
Rover Rings Tours highlights the best Lord of the Rings locations the Wellington Region has to offer...From NZ$95.00
Seal Coast SafariWellington City, Wellington
Experience Wellington's wild side and get up close and personal with seals on a four-wheel drive safari...From NZ$125.00
Escape MateWellington City, Wellington
Escape Mate is the ultimate venue for epic group activities situated in the heart of Wellington...From NZ$40.00
Hop On Hop Off TourWellington City, Wellington
See Wellington in style and comfort with an informative one and a half hour tour in a small minibus...From NZ$45.00
Bluebridge Cook Strait FerriesWellington City, Wellington
The 3.5 hour journey between Wellington and Picton takes in some dramatic and beautiful scenery, so it makes sense to travel in comfort as you move between North and Sout...From NZ$54.00
Flat Earth New Zealand ExperiencesWellington City, Wellington
Specialist guided tours in small groups. Local, knowledgeable and friendly guides, who encourage getting involved. Over a dozen options to choose from, from city walks to...From NZ$95.00
Space Place At Carter ObservatoryKelburn, Wellington
Located in Wellington's Botanic Gardens, the Carter Observatory takes visitors on a trip to the stars. The observatory is the longest serving observatory in New Zealand.....From NZ$12.50
Reserve Bank Museum and Education CentreWellington City, Wellington
The Reserve Bank Museum and Education Centre offers a unique free experience for the public, giving insight into the workings of the New Zealand economy.............From NZ$Free
Bodyhaven Boutique SpaWellington City, Wellington
As one of downtown's Wellington's best-known spas, Bodyhaven enjoys a pride of place in the Amora Hotel on Wakefield Street................
Located in picturesque Martinborough, Olivo is the oldest commercial olive grove in the Wairarapa and produces artisan olive oils...From NZ$15.00