1-Way Ferry Service Between Wellington and Picton
Are you a business owner in Wellington?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Wellington.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Enjoy the incredible Kiwi hospitality on board
- Sit back and relax at a selection of cafes, bars and passenger lounges
- Choose to watch a movie on board while you sail
- Experience the stunning views of the Marlborough Sounds from multiple viewing decks
DescriptionSit back, relax and enjoy one of the most spectacular ferry crossings in the world, between the north and south islands of New Zealand. With 92 kilometers of breathtaking views, the 3.5-hour journey between Wellington and Picton is one of New Zealand’s most iconic tourist activities. There are 3 different ships in operation every day. Whether you are travelling alone or with your vehicle, you’ll always have a wide choice of travel times. Once on board, enjoy a range of activities. Stroll on the decks, enjoy a meal and a drink, or catch one of the latest movie releases. You can also simply relax and take in the breathtaking view. Keep your children busy with a play area, nursery, cartoons and video games. Plus, there’s plenty of seating for families.
Includes1-way ferry ticket
Access to viewing decks
Food and drinks (available for purchase)
Movie tickets (available for purchase)
- Most vehicle rental companies allow their vehicles to cross
- Avis, Budget, Hertz, Europcar and Thrifty do not allow their vehicles to cross, so if hiring from one of these companies do not include a vehicle in your booking
- If you have booked a vehicle with any other hire company they will usually confirm the ferry crossing for car and occupants as part of your hire contract, so be sure to check with them before booking
- Carry-on baggage allowance: one small bag and one handbag/laptop bag
- Check-in baggage allowance: two items of baggage (32 kilograms/200 centimeters per bag) per person
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Rover Rings ToursWellington City, Wellington
Rover Rings Tours highlights the best Lord of the Rings locations the Wellington Region has to offer...From NZ$95.00
New Zealand: Auckland to Wellington 3-Day Tour via Rotorua
Drive across New Zealand’s north island on this 3-day tour from Auckland to Wellington with 2 nights stay in Rotorua. The tour includes admission and tours of the famouFrom NZ$899.00
Hop On Hop Off TourWellington City, Wellington
See Wellington in style and comfort with an informative one and a half hour tour in a small minibus...From NZ$45.00
Seal Coast SafariWellington City, Wellington
Experience Wellington's wild side and get up close and personal with seals on a four-wheel drive safari...From NZ$125.00
Escape MateWellington City, Wellington
Escape Mate is the ultimate venue for epic group activities situated in the heart of Wellington...From NZ$40.00
Flat Earth New Zealand ExperiencesWellington City, Wellington
Specialist guided tours in small groups. Local, knowledgeable and friendly guides, who encourage getting involved. Over a dozen options to choose from, from city walks to...From NZ$95.00
Paramount CinemasWellington-City, Wellington
Historic art house cinema in the heart of Courtenay Place entertainment district. Large auditorium, plus two more intimate screens. Balcony bar and fine wines. A Wellingt...
Nairn Street CottageWellington
Classified by Heritage New Zealand as having ‘outstanding significance’, Nairn Street Cottage is an excellent example of how the first colonials merged their lives from their Victorian homeland with the surrounds of a new country.From NZ$8.00
Space Place At Carter ObservatoryKelburn, Wellington
Located in Wellington's Botanic Gardens, the Carter Observatory takes visitors on a trip to the stars. The observatory is the longest serving observatory in New Zealand.....From NZ$12.50
Wellington MuseumWellington City, Wellington
From store house to story house, the Museum holds thousands of objects unique to Wellington that traverse its history and share its many fascinating stories.From NZ$Free