My Guide Website?
Museum of NZ Te Papa Tongarewa Twilight Express Tour6 Reviews
Discover the highlights of New Zealand’s national museum on a 45-minute express tour at twilight, when it’s less crowded.
- See the highlights of the museum's vast collection and gain insight from your guide
- Explore the museum in the early evening, when the daytime crowds have thinned
- Learn about New Zealand's art and history, Māori culture, and natural environment
DescriptionTake a 45-minute express tour at twilight when the Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa is less crowded. Tick off the museum's main highlights and learn about New Zealand's land, people, and history from your friendly knowledgeable guide. The museum extensive collections are spread over six floors with over 200,000 items. Join a small group lead by a friendly, knowledgeable guide who will take you on the most direct route to the museum's popular exhibits. The route may vary depending on your guide. The guides are highly trained, with a knack for bringing the stories of New Zealand's places and people to life. You will stop regularly to interact with the displays and learn about the most important works and artifacts. See Māori cultural treasures, the museum’s own 'marae' (Māori meeting house), as well as historic and contemporary art.
IncludesMuseum entry ticket 45-minute guided tour Expert, friendly guide Live commentary in English
- The museum is open daily from 10 am to 6 pm, except Christmas Day
- Children under 5 years old are free of charge, all participants require a ticket
- The museum is easily accessible by foot, bus, train or car from central Wellington
- Outdoor and covered parking is available onsite for a fee
- Wheelchairs can be hired free of charge on site, subject to availability