My Guide Website?
Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa: Mana Māori Tour14 Reviews
Explore the living, breathing culture of New Zealand's indigenous peoples on this afternoon tour. From great journeys over vast oceans to hopeful visions for the 21st century, see treasures that speak to historical and contemporary Māori perspectives.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Wellington:If youʻre booking your trip to Wellington last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore the museum's Maori cultural treasures on guided tour
- Listen to stories and insights about Maori culture, art, and history
- Discover cultural exhibits with a friendly, knowledgable guide in a small group
DescriptionEnjoy a 1-hour guided afternoon tour to discover Te Papa’s Maori cultural treasures and hear their stories. This tour will enrich your understanding of what makes New Zealand’s Maori culture unique. In central Wellington, you're rarely more than a 20-minute walk away from The Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, a cultural history museum located on the waterfront. Gain free admission to the museum and explore at your own pace. Then, join a small-group afternoon tour with a friendly, knowledgeable guide to learn about Aotearoa and its indigenous Māori people. Listen to engaging and informative commentary as your guide brings the stories of New Zealand's places and people to life. The museum extensive collections are spread over six floors with high-tech interactive exhibits. Encounter Māori and other Pacific Island cultural treasures and learn about New Zealand’s extraordinary natural history. The tour is an ideal orientation for first-time visitors while adding depth and understanding to the Te Papa experience.
IncludesMuseum entry ticket 1-hour guided tour Expert, friendly guide Live commentary in English
- The museum is open daily from 10 am to 6 pm, except Christmas Day
- Children under 5 years old are free of charge, all participants require a ticket
- The museum is easily accessible by foot, bus, train or car from central Wellington
- Outdoor and covered parking is available onsite for a fee
- Wheelchairs can be hired free of charge on site, subject to availability