My Guide Website?
Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa Guided Tour30 Reviews
Take an introductory 1-hour guided tour in English or Mandarin of Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa. After your tour, you are free to explore the extensive collection at your own pace.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Wellington:If youʻre booking your trip to Wellington last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Martinborough Wine and Food Tour with Lunch from Wellington
- From Wellington: Half-Day Foodie Tour of the Wairarapa
- Wellington: Return Cable Car Ticket
- Remutaka Rail Trail Mountain Bike Explorer
- Wellington: Wētā Workshop Experience and Guided Tour
- Explore Te Papa Tongarewa with an expert guide on 1-hour introductory tour
- Gain an overview of the extensive collections so you can better explore on your own
- Learn about Maori cultural heritage, colonial history, traditions and art
DescriptionThis introductory 1-hour guided tour is the perfect way to gain an overview of Te Papa’s highlights, Maori treasures, and New Zealand history. It is ideal if you have limited time or would like an introduction for an extended visit! In central Wellington, you're rarely more than a 20-minute walk away from The Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, a cultural history museum located on the waterfront. Join a tour in either English or Mandarin led by a friendly, knowledgeable guide to make the most of your visit. The guides are highly trained, with a knack for bringing the stories of New Zealand's places and people to life. Tours available in English or Mandarin. Learn about Maori history, traditions, and art. View photography and natural science displays, come face-to-face with the largest and only colossal squid on display in the world. Enjoy high-tech interactive exhibits, art and design galleries, and the living, growing exhibition of Bush City. After the tour, use your entry ticket to explore the museum further at your own pace. There is plenty to see and you are welcome to stay as long as you like. Rest and recharge at one of the onsite cafes and browse for a souvenir at the gift stores.
IncludesMuseum entry ticket 1-hour guided tour Expert, friendly guide Live commentary in English
- Tours are only available in English
- The museum is open daily from 10 am to 6 pm, except Christmas Day
- Children under 5 years old are free of charge, all participants require a ticket
- The museum is easily accessible by foot, bus, train or car from central Wellington
- Outdoor and covered parking is available onsite for a fee
- Wheelchairs can be hired free of charge on site, subject to availability