- Travel on one of New Zealand's only running funicular railways
- Explore the hidden charm that Wellington has to offer
- Admire the panoramic views of the growing cityscape
- Enjoy easy access to the Botanic Garden and Cable Car Museum
Follow the Cable Car signpost around Lambton Quay to find the hidden Cable Car Lane in the heart of the city centre. Wellington's iconic Cable Car travels through three historic tunnels and over three bridges.
There are three intermediate stations; the residential areas of Clifton, Talavera and Salamanca. Victoria University of Wellington and Kelburn Park Fountain can be accessed from the Salamanca Station.
Enjoy the panoramic views of Wellington city and the harbor from the top of the Cable Car. To get back down into the city, there are several walks through the hillsides of the Botanic Garden, including a beautiful 40-minute stroll back down to the city centre via the historic Bolton Street Cemetery and the Beehive.
Or if you prefer an easier route back down, choose the return journey option. This allows you plenty of time to enjoy the views and explore the surrounding attractions at the summit before heading back.
One way or return journey (depending on option chosen)
- • The cable car runs every 10 minutes
Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund