Learning to SCUBA Dive – PADI OPEN WATER DIVER COURSE
Now days we get you in the water sooner, so you can start having the dives you dreamed of. It’s a piece of cake, your pool dives will prepare you for your open water dives.
All you need to do is be able to swim, check the RSTC Medical Statement, complete the online eLearning course and you’re set to go! All the SCUBA Diving Equipment can be supplied with your course (the course fee includes Wetsuit and SCUBA Gear Rental); just bring a pen, your togs and a towel. You can purchase your PADI eLearning course from our website right now to get you started.
Our aim is to take you on lots of fascinating adventures into the undersea world. We want to make your diving safe and enjoyable. At New Zealand Sea Adventure’s, we are able to offer you the most comprehensive range of diving experiences including: lots of trips to great dive locations, boat dives, shore dives, over 20 PADI Specialty diver courses, PADI Instructor courses and TDI Technical Diver courses.
PADI is by far the largest and safest diver certifying system in the world, so no matter what country you are in, your PADI qualification will be recognised.
As part of your course you are an automatic member of our Dive Crew. There are no club fees, we just take you diving.Course Outline
- Digital theory: PADI Open Water Diver eLearning or tablet course (about 8-14 hours)
- First weekend: Saturday and Sunday in our on site, heated diver training pool where you learn to safely use the Scuba diving equipment.
- Second weekend: Saturday and Sunday 8:30am to about 4:30pm – We go Scuba diving in the open water and practice your new Scuba diving skills.
- As many local shore dives with as you like – no cost other than air fills and gear hire
- Complimentary membership of our informal dive club
- First hand SCUBA diving experiences with Wellingtons Premier dive centre
- We are located at 9 Marina View, Mana, Porirua; just north of the Paremata bridge on SH 1. Look for the big yellow building.
- At least 10 years old (conditions apply for 10 & 11 year old’s)
- Be able to swim 200m and swim/float for at least 10 minutes.
- Read and complete the R.S.T.C. Medical Statement. If needed, book a visit to your doctor before the in water sections (see page 1).
- Completed R.S.T.C. Medical Statement (Doctor/Physician visit may be needed)
- Your eLearning completion form (email to us if you are unable to print it yourself)
- A pen, your swimming costume and a towel. Mask, Snorkel, Fins and boots if you have them.
- Open Water Diver eLearning: $220AUD.
- Practical fee: $325. Gear supplied for course (except for Mask, Snorkel, Fins and Boots).
- You can hire Mask, Snorkel, Fins and Boots for $70 or buy new in store.
10% off your practical fee for each extra person you book on the course with you, find 6 others and your in-water sections are FREE.
Booking your PADI Open Water Diver Course
Our PADI Open Water Diver Courses run regularly in Wellington throughout the year. Check the Dive Crew Calendar for scheduled courses and contact us for the course you’d like to join. One-off courses other than those scheduled can be arranged by appointment if preferred. Conditions apply.
- Purchase the PADI Open Water Diver eLearning Course:
PADI Open Water online eLearning or tablet courses available via any of the blue PADI eLearning buttons on our website. You can purchase and start these any time but must be completed before the first weekend.Book your in water sections:
Let us know which course suits you when you pay the in-water fee or deposit. Your Full Name, Date of Birth and a valid eMail address is required. Fees can be paid online, in store or over the phone with a valid credit card. Deposits are transferable to another person but are non refundable.
Course Deposit Policy
Get 10% off your practical course fee for every person you get to sign on with you. Find 6 and get your in-water sections free!
My Guide website?