Learn to Scuba dive - PADI Open Water Diver course
Wellingtons Premier Dive StoreSat Apr 29th 2017 to Sun Apr 30th 2017 at 08:30 until 13:00
Wellington, 9 Marina View, Mana, Wellington, Porirua https://www.myguidewellington.com/events/learn-to-scuba-dive-padi-open-water-diver-course BOOK NOW
Take the leap and get your PADI today!
Simple and modern programme with online Knowledge Development and two weeks of diving fun learning safe diving techniques and exploring the underwater world. At NZ Sea Adventures we have an excellent track record of customer satisfaction and pride ourselves on quality training, equipment and experience for all level of diver; Beginner, Master Scuba Diver, Dive professional and Technical diving.
'Where the land ends, the adventure begins...'
- Course Details
- Digital theory – Open Water Diver eLearning or tablet course (about 12 hours)
- First weekend: Saturday and Sunday in our on-site heated diver training pool where you learn to safely use the SCUBA diving equipment.
- Second weekend: Saturday and Sunday 8:30am to about 4:30pm – We go SCUBA diving in the sea and practice your new SCUBA diving skills.
- Collect your Certificate at Crew Night (first Wednesday of the month)
- As many local shore dives with as you like – no cost other than air fills and gear hire
- Complimentary membership of our very popular dive club
- First hand SCUBA diving experiences with Wellingtons Premier dive centre
- We are located at 9 Marina View, Mana, Porirua; just north of the Paremata bridge on SH 1. Look for the big yellow building.
- At least 10 years old (conditions apply for 10 to 14 year olds)
- Be able to swim 200m and swim/float for at least 10 minutes.
- Medically fit to dive: You must read and complete the R.S.T.C. Medical Statement before the start of the course. Please only answer YES or NO. If you answer YES, you will require a Doctor to complete side two of the statement.
- Completed R.S.T.C. Medical Statement (Doctor/Physician visit may be needed)
- Your eLearning completion form (email to us if you are unable to print it yourself)
- A pen, your swimming costume and a towel. Mask, Snorkel, Fins and boots if you have them.
- Open Water Diver eLearning: $196 AUD
- Practical fee: $325. Gear supplied for course (except for Mask, Snorkel, Fins and Boots). You can hire Mask, Snorkel, Fins and Boots for $70 or buy new in store.
- 10% off your practical fee for each extra person you book on the course with you, find 6 others and your practical course is free.
Booking the Practical Sections
- $100 Deposit, Name, Date of Birth and a valid eMail address required. Deposits can be paid online, in store or over the phone with a valid credit card. Our Open Water Diver courses are run regularly throughout the year, check the Dive Calendar for scheduled courses and contact us for the course you’d like to join.
Deposits are transferable to another person but not refundable.
- PADI Open Water online eLearning or tablet courses available via any of the blue PADI eLearning buttons on our website. You can purchase and start these any time but must be completed before the first weekend.
eLearning courses are not refundable or transferable so please make sure you meet the Medical and fitness requirements.
One-off courses can be arranged by appointment if preferred. Conditions apply.
Activities for certified Open Water Divers
- Local Diving Adventures; It’s a good idea to keep diving regularly especially in the weeks following your course. Join us Thursdays for an After Work dive or Saturdays and Sundays for weekend diving. Just call or email to find out what diving is available.
- Advanced Open Water course; Further your dive skills and continue your underwater adventures with the PADI Advanced Open Water course, you can start straight after your Open Water Diver course.
- As a certified PADI Open Water Diver you can take the following Specialty Diver courses alongside those available to non-divers; Altitude Diver – AWARE Fish ID diver – Boat Diver – Digital Underwater Photographer – Diver Propulsion Vehicle Diver – Drift Diver – Drysuit Diver – Enriched Air/Nitrox Diver – Equipment Specialist – Night Diver – Peak Performance Buoyancy – Sidemount Diver – Underwater Naturalist – Underwater Navigation