Now days our PADI Open Water Diver Course gets you in the water sooner, so you can start having the dives you dreamed of. It’s a piece of cake, as your pool dives will prepare you for your Open Water Dives.
All you need to do is a little home study online in the week or two leading up to your course. All the diving equipment is supplied with your course; just bring your Mask, Snorkel, Fins and Boots (these can be hired if needed), a pen, your togs and a towel. You can purchase your PADI eLearning course from our website to get you started right now.
Our aim is to take you on lots of fascination adventures into the undersea world. We want to make your diving safe and enjoyable. At New Zealand Sea Adventures we are able to offer you the most comprehensive range of diving experiences including: dive trips to lots of great locations, boat dives, shore dives, over 20 PADI Specialty diver courses, PADI Instructor courses and TDI Technical Diver courses.
PADI is by far the largest and safest diver certifying system in the world, so no matter what country you are in, your PADI qualification will be recognised.
As part of your course you are an automatic member of our Dive Crew. There are no club fees, we just take you diving.PADI Open Water Diver Course Outline
- Digital theory: PADI Open Water Diver eLearning or tablet course (about 12 hours)
- First weekend: Saturday and Sunday in our on site, heated diver training pool where you learn to safely use the Scuba diving equipment.
- Second weekend: Saturday and Sunday 8:30am to about 4:30pm – We go Scuba diving in the open water and practice your new Scuba diving skills.
- Dive Crew Night: Collect your Certificate and celebrate! (first Wednesday of the month)
- As many local shore dives with as you like – no cost other than air fills and gear hire
- Complimentary membership of our informal dive club
- First hand SCUBA diving experiences with Wellingtons Premier dive centre
- We are located at 9 Marina View, Mana, Porirua; just north of the Paremata bridge on SH 1. Look for the big yellow building.
- At least 12 years old (conditions apply for 10 & 11 year old’s)
- Be able to swim 200m and swim/float for at least 10 minutes.
- Read and complete the R.S.T.C. Medical Statement. If needed, book a visit to your doctor before the in water sections (see page 1).
- Completed R.S.T.C. Medical Statement (Doctor/Physician visit may be needed)
- Your eLearning completion form (email to us if you are unable to print it yourself)
- A pen, your swimming costume and a towel. Mask, Snorkel, Fins and boots if you have them.
- Open Water Diver eLearning: $210 AUD
- Practical fee: $325. Gear supplied for course (except for Mask, Snorkel, Fins and Boots).
- You can hire Mask, Snorkel, Fins and Boots for $70 or buy new in store.
10% off your practical fee for each extra person you book on the course with you, find 6 others and your in-water sections are FREE.
Other Events from New Zealand Sea Adventures
My Guide website?